If you like the artistic portrait of Pete in the banner, then you might like to make your own courtesy of the Simpsomaker

Unshelved - The library comic strip

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

But wait... there's more!

Now that I've finished the course, I've had a bit of time to have a look at some other learning 2.0 blogs. You've really got to check out:

1. Atticus Mockingbird - thanks for the 'free use' Flickr group and 12 Free Online Collaboration Tools tips

2. Bambino's Bloggerama - thanks for "Get A First Life" parody site and NetLingo

Both of these blogs have well considered thoughts about their experiences of the web 2.0 stuff we've been doing. Hope you guys keep on blogging.

I'm embracing the new adventure, too. Been participating in an MBTI forum on LibraryThing. It's mostly US members so far and the odd UK one. If you're interested in psychological type and personality styles by all means join me and double the oz contingent there. If you've signed up for LibraryThing then you will have noticed that there are a lot of interesting groups to join there. Not many based on my library for some reason. I wonder what that says about my reading tastes?

Anyway, I'll start going through some more learning 2.0 blogs and see what other goodies I can find.

PS - I couldn't resist the Tim Shaw graphic. Google images has a lot to answer for. Sorry, no free steak knives with this blog, yet. This, of course, is a dead give away that I'm a member of Gen D - the Demtel generation.

PPS - the Demtel page is just waiting to be written on wikipedia - any takers?

5 comments:

oneofthelibrarylot said...

Wow Pete, you're an inspiration. I'll finish first, and then follow up on some of your ideas. BUT, will I every finish if I keep exploring yur blog . . .

MyLibraryBlog said...

Hi Pete
I've really enjoyed reading your blog. It has some great resources and food for thought to keep us going on this learning journey. Blogs as we have discovered through work are a very useful communication and sharing tool.
We never stop learning!

MyLibraryBlog said...

PS
Your blog is also very entertaining.

Pete said...

Thanks for the positive comments oneofthelibrarylot and mylibraryblog. Sorry its taken so long to get back to you. Got caught up in a few things. You know how it is. Glad you like it, anyway. Keep on blogging.

Bambino Velostra said...

Hi Pete! I tried googling my blogname on the weekend and it has been indexed at last! I also found your kind comment about how you liked my blog. I always enjoyed reading your blog so I have entered it on my blogroll (a new page element by Blogger). I have posted something on Second Life recently but that's the first significant thing I have done re Web 2.0 since we all finished the Web 2.0 course. You should keep posting too, even if it's only once a month! There are still a few library people doing the course but I doubt I will ever find the time to look at all those blogs and those who have finished are probably not posting any more anyhow. Anyway, it's been a lot of fun and I think I will keep blogging for a bit longer yet. Thanks again for your comments!