If you like the artistic portrait of Pete in the banner, then you might like to make your own courtesy of the Simpsomaker

Unshelved - The library comic strip

Monday, February 18, 2008

First past the post

Well they're racing, as Ken Howard would say.

And its "London to a brick on" that librarians will be a winner with Learning 2.0.

Like the format of the course. Simple, easy to follow, interesting.

Stephen Fry fascinating as usual. I can't help thinking of him as Charles Prentiss from "Absolute power", though. Adds another dimension to his video. I keep remembering one of his comments to his business partner. Something along the lines of "If I didn't exist, Martin, you would have to invent me." Web 2.0 seems the perfect vehicle for inventing the indispensable character.

I thought the blog examples provided were very useful. Loved the blog for the WW1 soldier with posts matching the dates of his letters from the front. What a great idea! Blogs could be huuuuuge for local studies.

The effectiveness of social networking sites on the Alternative teen services blog was very pertinent. With a mania for measurement myself, it was good to read someone examining the measurability of some web 2.0 stuff and giving suggestions for how to do it meaningfully.

OK. Now I'm Gmailed, RSSfed and blogged up ready to sally forth on the Web 2.0 adventure. Roll on Week 3.

0 comments: